Hi, I am Marcel Müller, a post-doctoral researcher working on software & instruments for super-resolved fluorescence microscopy.
The fairSIM project
My main research focus is structured illumination microscopy (SIM). My fairSIM project (www.fairsim.org) provides open-source software (publication,code), an integrated, multi-color, video-rate SIM microscope providing real-time reconstruction (publication, code, datasets) and novel, multi-planar detection schemes (preprint).
Bespoke & cost-effective super-resolution systems
I also contribute to the development and implementation of cost-effective super-resolution systems.
Further SIM resources
- ESI: A entropy-based super-resolution approach by Idir Yahiatene
- GICA: A colocalization analysis approach by Fabian Humpert
- Improvements to the IDS device adapter to run IDS uEye caremas at full speed in MicroManager
Small (hardware-related) side projects
- A low-cost, Arduino-based electric microscope stage heater.
- Code for remotely displaying images on a Raspberry Pi. This is aimed at using it to control an SLM.
Contact & Networks
You can reach me
I also maintain profiles here: