Hi, I am Marcel, post-doc, physicist, working on super-resolved fluorescence microscopy. This is an overview page for my projects, and so somewhat of a CV.
The fairSIM project
My main project is an open-source reconstruction software for structured illumination microscopy (SIM), found at fairsim.org. All code is hosted here on github, including a manual and test datasets. There is also a publication here in Nature Communications (open access).
We are currently working on combining fairSIM with a home-built, 2D SIM microscope system, and are in the last stages of drafting an accompanying publication.
- ESI: A entropy-based super-resolution approach by Idir Yahiatene
- GICA: A colocalization analysis approach by Fabian Humpert
Some (hardware-related) side projects
- Improvements to the IDS device adapter to run IDS uEye caremas at full speed in MicroManager
- A low-cost, Arduino-based electric microscope stage heater.
- Code for remotely displaying images on a Raspberry Pi. This is aimed at using it to control an SLM.
Contact & Networks
You can reach me
I try to somewhat maintain profiles on